Class Action News
- E-Book Price-Fixing Class Action Settlement Gets Final OK
- Philips Sonicare AirFloss Class Action Settlement Approved
- N.J. Title Agency Faces Class Action Over Closing Fees
- Attorneys' Fees May Snag Naked Juice Class Action Settlement
- LG Blu-Ray Home Theater Class Action Lawsuit Settlement Gets Final Approval
Drug Lawsuit News
|FreeShipping.com Rebate Membership Class Action Settlement|
- Thursday, 07 March 2013 07:37
FreeShipping.com Rebate Membership Class Action Settlement
By Matt O'Donnell
A proposed class action lawsuit settlement has been reached affecting consumers that placed an order on ProFlowers.com, RedEnvelope.com, CherryMoonFarms.com, SecretSpoon.com and Berries.com (also known as Shari’s Berries).
If approved, the proposed settlement will resolve a class action lawsuit titled Daniel Cox, et al. v. Clarus Marketing Group LLC, et al. that alleges Clarus Marketing Group and Provide Commerce secretly enrolled online shoppers into a program operated by FreeShipping.com.
The defendants deny any wrongdoing but have agreed to a class action lawsuit settlement to resolve the litigation.
Provide Commerce settled a similar class action lawsuit last year alleging it secretly enrolled online shippers into costly membership programs without their knowledge. [See Membership Program Class Action Settlement.]
Class Members of the shipping rebate membership class action settlement include all persons who, between February 16, 2007 and November 19, 2012, placed an order with a website operated by Provide Commerce and were subsequently enrolled in FreeShipping.com’s Insider’s Club or FreeShipping.com.
The settlement also covers a Subclass of all persons who, between April 1, 2009 and December 13, 2009, placed an order with a website operated by Provide Commerce and were subsequently enrolled in FreeShipping.com’s Insider’s Club or FreeShipping.com by entering his or her email address or ZIP code (as opposed to additional contact and billing information) to enroll.
These websites include:
Berries.com (also known as Shari’s Berries)
The proposed Shipping Rebate Membership Settlement provides the following benefits:
- 20% Off Code. Class Members who are not Subclass Members will automatically be sent by email one fully transferable code good for 20% off a merchandise order placed online at ProFlowers.com, RedEnvelope.com, Berries.com or CherryMoonFarms.com. No Claim Form necessary.
- $15 Credit. All Subclass Members that are not eligible for a monetary benefit will automatically be sent by email one fully transferable code good for $15 off a merchandise order valid only for online purchases at ProFlowers.com, RedEnvelope.com, Berries.com, and CherryMoonFarms.com.
- Cash Award. Some Subclass Members may be eligible for a monetary benefit by submitting a Claim Form to the Settlement Administrator. This includes those who were enrolled in FreeShipping.com without their knowledge and were not charged fees. These Subclass Members can file a claim to receive up to $36 in refunds for the fees they paid. The deadline to file a claim is March 19, 2013.
Certain limitations apply to these settlement benefits, which are described in detail in the Settlement Notice.
Claim Forms and more information on your rights in the FreeShipping.com Rebate Membership Class Action Lawsuit Settlement can be found at www.ShippingRebateMembershipSettlement.com.
Updated March 7th, 2013
All class action and lawsuit news updates are listed in the Lawsuit News section of Top Class Actions
Top Class Actions Legal Statement
Last Updated on Thursday, 07 March 2013 07:37