Class Action News
- Uber Must Face Class Action Lawsuit Over Driver Tips
- Trans Union Reaches Class Action Settlement Over Inaccurate Credit Reports
- Kellogg’s Frosted Mini-Wheats Settlement Benefits Delayed by Appeals
- Microsoft Wants Windows Phone 7 Class Action Lawsuit Tossed
- Sallie Mae Class Action Settlement Gets Final Approval
Drug Lawsuit News
|Ticketmaster, TicketsNow Class Action Settlement|
- Thursday, 07 March 2013 07:28
Ticketmaster, TicketsNow Class Action Settlement
By Mike Holter
A federal court has approved a class action lawsuit settlement between Ticketmaster and customers who allege the company tricked them into buying more expensive tickets on a partnering website. Class Members can receive a partial rebate or a one-time cash payment of $10 from the class action settlement.
The Ticketmaster settlement resolves a class action lawsuit titled In re: Ticketmaster Sales Practices Litigation that accuses the company of re-directing people seeking to purchase event tickets at “face value” from www.ticketmaster.com to another website, www.ticketsnow.com, where tickets were sold at prices that exceeded face value. Plaintiffs further allege Ticketmaster engaged in this conduct despite the fact that event tickets continued to be available at face value on www.ticketmaster.com.
Defendants Ticketmaster and TicketsNow deny any wrongdoing, but have agreed to a class action lawsuit settlement to resolve the litigation.
Class Members of the Ticketmaster class action settlement include all U.S. residents who purchased tickets on the TicketsNow resale website between April 1, 2008 and February 5, 2009, having arrived at that website directly by linking from a Ticketmaster webpage indicating that no exact matches were found after performing a ticket search on www.ticketmaster.com.
Class Members can elect to receive one of the following benefits from the settlement:
- Ticket Rebate. Class Members can receive a one-time rebate on a ticket purchase transaction completed on www.ticketsnow.com during the Claims Period in the amount of 18.5% of the total ticket purchase transaction, subject to a cap of $100 for that single ticket purchase transaction.
- $10 Cash. Class Members can receive a one-time cash payment of $10.
The only way to receive these benefits is to submit a valid Claim Form postmarked no later than March 19, 2014.
Claim Forms and more information on your rights in the Ticketmaster TicketsNow Class Action Lawsuit Settlement can be found at www.TicketSalesClassActionSettlement.com. Detailed claim filing instructions can be found here.
All class action and lawsuit news updates are listed in the Lawsuit News section of Top Class Actions
Top Class Actions Legal Statement
Last Updated on Tuesday, 26 November 2013 10:32