Class Action News
- Class Action Lawsuit Says Lumber Liquidators Sold Illegally Sourced Toxic Wood
- Volkswagen Escapes Jetta Lock Defect Class Action Lawsuit
- Kay Jewelers Faces Class Action Lawsuit from Blind Customers
- Fisher-Price Rock ‘N Play Mold Growth Class Action Lawsuit
- PVC Decking Companies Want Class Action Lawsuit Dismissed
Drug Lawsuit News
- Parents Sue Pfizer Over Alleged Zoloft Birth Defects
- Ind. Couple Sue Stryker for Metal-on-Metal Hip Injuries
- Mentor Worldwide, Coloplast Hit with New Vaginal Mesh Lawsuit
- Lawsuit Alleges NuvaRing Manufacturer Downplayed Risks, Endangered Consumers
- Fla. Man Files Pradaxa Lawsuit after Suffering Uncontrollable Bleeding
|Verizon Landline Third-Party Billing Class Action Settlement|
- Wednesday, 02 May 2012 09:37
Verizon Landline Third-Party Billing Class Action Settlement
By Kimberly Mirando
The Verizon third-party billing settlement will resolve a class action lawsuit, entitled Moore, et al. v. Verizon, et al., alleging that Verizon billed its landline customers for charges from third-party companies that were not authorized by the customer (a practice known as “cramming”), in violation of federal and state law.
Verizon denies any wrongdoing, but has agreed to settle the class action lawsuit to avoid ongoing litigation.
The Verizon third-party billing class action lawsuit settlement covers all Verizon landline customers nationwide (including individuals, businesses and local governmental entities) who were billed for third-party charges from April 27, 2005 through February 28, 2012.
Class Members will be able to recover 100% of all money they paid in unauthorized third-party charges during that period by submitting a “Full Payment Claim” or recover a refund of $40 by submitting a “Flat Payment Claim.” Both forms will be available at www.verizonthirdpartybillingsettlement.com and must be submitted by November 15, 2012. There is no dollar cap on the monetary recovery to be paid under the Settlement.
Some Settlement Class Members may have a claim for hundreds or thousands of dollars in refunds from the Verizon third-party billing class action settlement. That's why it's important that Verizon landline customers take advantage of one of the benefits available to them under the class action lawsuit settlement, which provides a free summary of all third-party charges they incurred. You can request this summery here or by calling the Settlement Administrator at (877) 772-6219.
Claim forms and more information on your rights in the Verizon Landline Third-Party Billing Class Action Lawsuit Settlement can be found at www.verizonthirdpartybillingsettlement.com. You can also find detailed instructions for how to file a claim in our Open Lawsuit Settlements section.
Updated January 24th, 2013
All class action and lawsuit news updates are listed in the Lawsuit News section of Top Class Actions
Top Class Actions Legal Statement
Last Updated on Thursday, 24 January 2013 11:19