We’re sorry! This settlement is CLOSED!
Please join the Top Class Actions Newsletter
list so you don’t miss out next time and head
over to the OPEN SETTLEMENTS section
to see what’s available!
Click here to skip the legal notice and go straight to the Top Class Actions article on this class action lawsuit settlement.
No Legal Notice
Award (how much your claim may be worth): You can receive a full cash refund if you can provide proof of purchase, or $10 in cash per toy (up to two toys) if you don’t have proof, as long as you declare under penalty of perjury that you had a MEGA Brands Magnet Toy.
Class Action Lawsuit Settlement Case(s): Berry v. MEGA Brands America, Inc., et al., Case No. 2:08-cv-1750, U.S. District Court, District of New Jersey
Website of the Class Action Lawsuit Settlement Administrator (UPDATE YOUR INFORMATION HERE): www.MEGABrandsSettlement.com
Address to submit a claim form (REQUIRED):
Details: The MEGA Brands settlement will resolve a class action lawsuit, entitled Berry v. MEGA Brands America, Inc., et al., that alleged the toy company made and/or sold Magnet Toys that were defective because the magnets were loose and could be swallowed, posing a choking hazard. Many of these defective Magnet Toys were recalled between 2006 and 2008, including the brands Magnetix, Magtastik, Magnetix and MagnaMan.
Under the Magnet Toy class action settlement, MEGA Brands has agreed to provide cash payments to Class Members who file valid and timely claim forms; contribute $100,000 in both cash and product to a newly created organization called the “MEGA Brands Foundation;” and pay $3.5 million in attorneys’ fees.
Class Members of the MEGA Brands class action settlement include all U.S. consumers who purchased one of the hundreds of MEGA Brands Magnet Toys listed here from September 2003 to the present.
The amount of money you can receive from the MEGA Brands Magnet Toy class action settlement depends on a variety of factors:
(1) If you returned one or more MEGA Brands recalled toys as part of a recall program, you can receive $5 for each toy returned, up to $15 for 3 toys.
(2) If you have a receipt or some other document showing the price you paid for a Magnet Toy, you can receive a full cash refund. (No maximum)
(3) If you have proof that you had a Magnet Toy, such as the toy itself, the toy’s original packaging, the toy’s manual, or a toy part that you can match to any of the toys listed here, you can receive a full cash refund of the Suggested List Price for up to 3 toys.
(4) If you have a toy part but are unable to determine the specific Magnet Toy it belongs to, your payment will be based on the weight of the toy parts submitted, which will range from $3.99 to $70.00. (A breakdown of this payment chart can be found in the MEGA Brands Class Action Settlement Notice.)
(5) If you don’t have any proof that you bought or had a Magnet Toy, you may receive $10 per toy (for up to 2 toys) if you declare under penalty of perjury that you purchased or acquired one or more of the defective Magnet Toys.
To receive any of these benefits under the MEGA Brands toy class action settlement, you must submit a claim form and any supporting documentation to the Settlement Administrator by February 15, 2012.
Claim forms and more information on your rights in the MEGA Brands Magnet Toy Class Action Lawsuit Settlement can be found at www.MEGABrandsSettlement.com.
Purchased or Leased From: September 2003 to the present
Claims must be postmarked by: 2/15/12
Settlement Administrator(s): Rust Consulting, Inc.
LEGAL INFORMATION IS NOT LEGAL ADVICE
This site provides information about the law and class action lawsuit settlements designed to help users safely cope with their own legal needs. Legal information is NOT the same as legal advice – the application of law to an individual’s specific circumstances. Although we go to great lengths to make sure our information is accurate and useful, we recommend you consult a lawyer if you want professional assurance that our information, and your interpretation of it, is appropriate to your particular situation. You should consider all postings or writings at TopClassActions.com by staff or others as personal opinion only and NOT the advice of a lawyer. Top Class Actions Legal Statement
©2008 – 2010 Top Class Actions® LLC
Various Trademarks held by their respective owners.
Categorized in: Closed Settlements